So here it is:
Fish and Broccoli Quiche
250 gm plain flour
60ml (4 tbsp) water
1 egg yolk
a pinch of salt
125 gm cold butter
3 strip of satchi fillet
1 1/2 cup of brocolli
1/2 cup of grated parmesan/cheddar
125ml of milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Sift flour onto work surface, Make well in the centre, add egg yolk, salt and water and knead to form a firm dough.
2. Cut the butter into cubes and add in the mixture, sprinkle with flour and, working from the centre using your fingertips, knead until a smooth pastry is formed.
3. Grease a 24cm or 9" loose bottom flan tin. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured work surface. Covered the line tine with pastry. Prick the base all over with fork.
4. Baked in a preheated oven at 200 degree C for 15 minutes. Set aside
1. Sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the fillet and sauteed until cooked. Shred the fillet using fork and set aside.
2. Sauteed the brocolli with some oil. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. Stir in milk, eggs and salt & pepper to a bowl. Mixing well.
4. Take the pastry and and spoon the shredded fillet and brocolli into the pastry.
5. Pour in the milk mixture and spread the cheese on top.
6. Bake in the 200 degree oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Serve warm or cold in slices.
This recipe is adapted from the book PIZZA - Tempting toppings and savoury stuffing for bread and pastry.The filling is based on what i have in hand. Feel free to freestyle your quiche.